<$BlogRSDUrl$>




No!!! Dont Stop...
Convinced ourselves, we seek not to convince...

psst!

Shoutbox by Myshoutbox.com

calendar


upcoming

previous
:: The One With The Last Spot..
:: The One with No Sleep in M'sian Bedroom..
:: The One with The Glenmarie Cove..
:: The One With the 4 Pointers..
:: The One With The Dr Don't Wannabe..
:: The One Where The Winner is....
:: The One With Mustapha United?..
:: The One With The Fantasy Idol..
:: The One With The Cup Final (part 3)..
:: The One With The SBS..


archives
:: March 2004
:: April 2004
:: May 2004
:: June 2004
:: July 2004
:: August 2004
:: September 2004
:: October 2004
:: November 2004
:: December 2004
:: January 2005
:: February 2005
:: March 2005
:: April 2005
:: May 2005
:: June 2005
:: July 2005
:: August 2005
:: September 2005
:: October 2005
:: November 2005
:: December 2005
:: January 2006
:: February 2006
:: March 2006
:: April 2006
:: May 2006
:: June 2006
:: July 2006
:: August 2006
:: October 2006
:: December 2006
:: January 2007


links
:: Google News
:: Harian Metro
:: Baby Blues
:: Soccer news & updates
:: Online Auction
:: Our Fotopages
:: Faeq's Fotopages


blogroll

frozen food for sale
:: Roti Boom
:: Kueh Lopis
:: Tembosa Daging
:: Karipap Ayam

Contact us!


Furnishings
:: Curtains, Sofas, etc
:: New or Upholstery
:: Reasonable Price
:: Various materials/styles
:: Splendid Workmanship
:: Inclusive of ID free advise

View sample! Contact us!


about us
intro


atizeb
bugme@atizeb

shariza_vz
bugme@shariza_vz


His ~>
:: 26 September 197*
:: ABAP Programmer with 4 yrs ++ exp. of SAP/(SD/MM/FI/CO)/ABAP

Hers ~>
:: 10 April 197*
:: Software Engineer with 3 yrs ++ exp. of JAVA EJBs


Theirs ~>
:: Zen Faeq
:: 2 December 2004


fav TV shows
:: C.S.I.:Las Vegas
:: House
:: Desperate Housewives
:: Friends
:: Sex and The City
:: Gilmore Girls
:: Rugrats
:: Still Standing
:: Charmed
:: All Grown Up


fav movies
:: The Cup
:: 50 First Dates
:: The Rock
:: Shrek 2
:: Wedding Singer
:: LOTR Trilogy


credits

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
The best interface between you and your blog
Poll powered by Sparklit.com
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Join the bandwagon?
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Project Petaling Street
Screenshots
MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox!


Visitors so far



Tuesday, June 01, 2004
The One with the Kiwis  


Kiwi Malays miss Malaysia

BY K. SUTHAKAR

CHRISTCHURCH: Despite staying about 7,000km from their homeland, Malaysia is still home sweet home for 50 Malay families settled in the South Island.

They have formed an association – the Malay Club of South Island New Zealand Inc – to promote cultural, religious and social ties amongst themselves.

The year-old club is helmed by businessman Ishak Muhyudin, 49, who hails from Kampung Air Papan in Mersing.

“Though we have become permanent residents in New Zealand, many of us miss our beloved country,” he told a group of Malaysian newsmen at his West Morlane residence in the suburbs here recently.

Read more...


One of my childhood dreams was to actually live somewhere other than Malaysia. I love travelling. I love seeing new people, new places etc. It was a dream and still is.

That's why when I was offered JPA's American Degree Program, I took without second thought, rejecting UTP. All because of the dream. Nonetheless, luck was not on my side then, and I was pushed to MMU. In a way, it was meant to be. No regrets about that. But still the dream lives on.

And so, after working for awhile, my father insisted me to go do my Masters. Which, in my mind, there could be only one condition, it has to be done in overseas, or if not 1+1 or what not. I was not in a hurry anyway.

But once, my mother told me that someone (working with the Wisma Putra) is going to New Zealand, and that it would be an opportunity for me, I saw something there.

It has been a few weeks already since I have done my research on New Zealand, studying there, working there and living there. I gathered up all the facts; Auckland has more job oppotunities with a higher cost of living. It costs around NZ$25-35K to do MBA there. The houses are rented on weekly basis, to live comfortably in Auckland is around NZ$200-250, others around NZ$150-200 per week. Professional job (eg IT consultant) should be at least NZ$50K p.a. You need IELTS to study/work there (IELTS is around RM400). And so much more...

So what's next? Being away from the family would probably a concern too. But it is not that we are going to live there forever (if we do go that is). It would only be a couple of years, depending on the situation. But I definitely want to come back here (if we do go that is).

I think the issue here is money. I have checked with MARA. They only give Postgraduate loan to Engineering and Medical students. I have also checked on the bank's loan. It is not worth it, but it can still be an option.

Whatever it is...
It can still be a dream, I have no problems with that. I am content with my life now, especially with my loving husband and my unborn child.

But I believe that whatever you want to do, there's always a risk to it. It depends on whether you want to take it or just let it be and forget about it.

Just for everyone's information:
New Zealand Embassy
New Zealand Immigration
Studying in New Zealand
Working In New Zealand
MBA in New Zealand
MBA in Auckland University
Massey University, Palmerston North
New Zealand House Rents
List of New Zealand Houses etc for Rental
IDP Malaysia (for IELTS)
MARA

You can also go see counsellors at:
New Zealand Trade Development and Board
Level 21 Menara IMC
8 Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Available on Mon/Wed/Fri 9am to 1pm only





<< Home >>